Indian Chicken Curry
This easy, savory Indian meal is a weeknight crowd pleaser in my house. I make it pretty mild so my children can enjoy it—I would probably add more curry powder and cumin if I were making this for adults.
Servings: 4 People
- 1 Tbsp. oil Smart Balance
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder (plus more to taste)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 Tbsps. chicken broth (or more, as needed)
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 32-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. coarse salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp. cumin (plus more to taste)
- 2 cups rice
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and curry powder. Add onion, garlic, and chicken, and sauté until the chicken is cooked, 7-10 minutes. Use chicken broth to keep chicken from sticking to the pot while cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked, add coconut milk, tomato sauce, salt, and cumin. Season with more curry powder and cumin, if desired.
- Simmer for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces and thickens.
- While chicken and sauce are simmering, prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Serve over rice, with Easy Homemade Naan.